Lou's Poo, Dried Alpaca Fertiliser 200g.
*Please note, orders placed after 16th December 2016 may not reach their destination before Christmas.
A perfect gift for your friends and family, kind to your garden.
200g = 10 feeds approx - Or choose the 400g bag for 20 feeds.
A great natural gardening gift for 2016 and your gardening friends and relatives will be delighted with the results! A must for any garden centre - surely?
Slow release nitrogen, phosphoros and potassium soil enhancer and feed. Sweet smelling. Lightweight yet powerful. Use a handful for all your indoor or outdoor potted plants or administer direct to soil prior to planting. One bag should serve 10 feeds.
Alpaca 'beans' have plenty to improve soil texture and water holding capacity. Their low organic content means you can spread directly below plants without fear of 'scorch'. It is the decomposition of organic matter which produces the heat that can damage plant roots.
Sold in a medium, brown, windowed, tin tie bag that is compostable, made with sustainable forest paper. May be re-opened and closed securely.
This product may contain a little additional organic material as it is hand picked from lush paddocks, then dried, then picked again. This second picking means, as a gardener you won't get the level of grass and weed seeds appearing as you do from ordinary farm manures.
Compared to the other livestock, the nitrogen and potassium content of alpaca beans is comparatively high, an indication of good soil enhancing properties. Typically our NPK is 2.5-2-1 but this can vary between season and herd.
All camelids, including alpacas, have an efficient digestive process due to their 3 true stomachs. This means the alpaca beans contain significantly less organic matter and a higher nutrition content than other livestock.
Alpaca Manure Tea (for plants!) - Brewing Alpaca Bean Tea.
One 200g bag of Lou's Poo should make 10 watering cans of feed.
1. Find a one to five gallon bucket or watering can to fill with cold water.
2. Make sure you rinse the container out thoroughly before brewing tea.
3. Fill the container with fresh, clean water. Place a handful of Lou's Poo, Dried Alpaca Manure into the water. The tea brews best in the sun.
4. Steep or soak the alpaca bean mix for one to three days. Stir the mix during this time.
5. You should have alpaca bean tea ready to use in at least a day. The tea should be a golden brown.
6. Pour this nutrient enriched brew around your thirsty plants.
Product available for UK only. Sorry rest of the world....... xx
The Archers at The Larches Homes and Garden Products, naturally. Gifts for your homes from our Shropshire smallholding. http://www.thearchersatthelarches.com/